Directory of Members
Simon C Jones
+44 (0)7956 419 249
Simon Jones is an experienced Turnaround Director and Qualified Accountant (FCPA) at CFO/FD Board level with more than 25 successful engagements in time-sensitive and difficult situations.
He has extensive international experience of clients in the infrastructure, manufacturing, digital, medical devices, consumer, resources, travel & tourism and education sectors, in the UK, EMEA, Australia and Asia.
Clients include international blue-chip and mid-market family office, Private Equity (PE), and Venture Capital Trust (VCT) owned organisations and their subsidiaries, operating sites, finance functions, major contracts and projects (including ERP and BI project rescues).
A proven success factor is the deep discovery and analysis of business risks, improvement opportunities and the development of plans to secure stakeholder buy-in with the agreement of detailed objectives; to then stabilise, recover and turnaround clients to profitable growth.
Outcomes often include regained internal and external stakeholder confidence, and the delivery of solutions at pace and with certainty with energised multi-discipline client and external teams to accelerate the delivery of fast track solutions.
Areas of Expertise
- Operational turnaround of distressed client situations
- Board support during crisis and change
- Deep discovery, diagnosis and implementation of cross-business rescue strategies and plans
- Release of cash, working capital and debt crisis management and refinancing
- Operational and financial realignment for rapid performance improvement
- Raising equity to assure viable ways forward
- Focus on PE, family-owned, SMEs and divisions of larger businesses
- Systems crisis recovery.
Countries of Jurisdictional Expertise
- United Kingdom
- Open to EMEA and AsiaPac by agreement.
Education and Certification
- CTP, FCPA, MIIM, MIoD, FRSA
Member of EACTP since 01 November 2020